Friday, August 1, 2014

More Running!

I just turned 50 at the beginning of July! 

This has given me cause to reexamine my "bucket list".  One of the things on it was to do the Chilli Challenge in upper Pennsylvania.  For anyone who hasn't heard of it, the Chilli Challenge is a triathlon.  You bike for 20 miles, paddle around the lake for 2 miles, and run 5 miles.  



Let's face it:  I'm now 50--time to be realistic.  So, I have been training really, really hard in an effort to do the next best thing, and as a result, I haven't posted for a very long time....

The next best thing to the Chilli Challenge, for me, was the Down and Dirty Mud Run in Philadelphia.  I ran it this past weekend on July 27.  It was hot and humid, but I finished all the obstacles--without assistance, mind you!-- in 52 minutes, 15 seconds.  

Below are some of the highlighted pictures from the day!

Pre-mud:




Some orange people that showed up:



Me at the start (beside the flag):


One of the obstacles "off course" for practice.  There was one on the course too:


Another obstacle (not me) -- the "Slippery Mountain"  and boy, was it ever slippery!!  


The "water crossing"--another term for an additional mud pit:


Coming up out of the last mud pit:



This picture needs no explanation:

Glad it's over with!


The team that "adopted" me and let me run with them:


Overall it was a great experience.  The group would like to do this again next year; we'll see!




No comments:

Post a Comment